The question from the customer
Dutch Railways (Nederlandse Spoorwegen, NS) is the rail operator of the Netherlands. To accommodate traffic growth and renew the fleet NS is constantly acquiring new trains.
Our solution and added value
Since 2011 NS has ADSE requested to support with our knowledge and experience to improve and support the execution of these acquisition processes. Since then we have been involved in 5 consecutive programs, and prepare ourselves for future programs. In 2018 ADSE has been selected as strategic technical partner for NS.
In these programs we contribute to key activities such as specification development, supplier evaluation and selection, supplier guidance during design and production, preparation for in-service, support to testing and validation and finally preparation for entry into service. We brought valuable expertise related to reliability, maintenance and safety, testing and validation, technical project management, and specific rail engineering topics. We were involved in the following projects:
- SLT, Sprinter Light Train deliverable by Siemens (Germany). Reliability Monitoring and in-service support during the introduction of the fleet and first years of in-service.
- SNG, Sprinter Next Generation delivered by CAF (Spain). Responsible for RAMS during the whole project from specification development, supplier selection, in-service support definition, engineering and production, and testing and validation. Provided the RAMS Aspect Manager, the Technical Manager for the whole project on behalf of NS, and the Test Manager during Test and Evaluation.
- Flirt, Sprinter delivered by Stadler (Switzerland). Responsible for Technical Management of the whole process, which involved the rapid acquisition and introduction of 58 trainsets from a new train type into full operational service within two years after purchase.
- ICNG, Intercity Next Generation from Alstom (France). Responsible for RAMS during the whole project from specification development, supplier selection, in-service support definition, engineering and production, and testing and validation. Provided the RAMS Aspect Manager
- DDNG, Dubbel Dekker Next Generation from CAF (Spain). Provided a team of engineers and specialist with expertise on Train Interiors, Train Structures, Operations, Electrics and Power supply, and HVAC systems.
What are the results
Interested in what we can do for you? Feel free to contact our Business Development Manager Rail.
Business Development Manager Rail